Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Love and Desire

Hi everyone

I'll be away next weekend so stay tuned for one more update after this!

The poem for this week (a couple days late sorry) is a short, cute one. Yes, Bonnie isn't all that melancholy.
This was written a couple years ago and thought I'd share the world something completely different to my usual themes. It's a typical teenage poem where a girl is crushing on a guy. It's what she wants to happen.

Love and Desire

So it started with a glance
Then it turned into a smile
You were then a good friend
And we'd hang out for a while

Until you reached for my embrace,
your stare made it hard to breathe
My heart began to speed up its pace
And to this I began to believe

That it would feel so right to lay
Somewhere with clasped palms
I want to hold you everyday, to
Feel heat radiate from your arms

I, imperative to stick together
Your once shattered-like-glass heart
The moment, I want to stay forever
With love and desire to play its part

No comments:

Post a Comment