Friday, October 5, 2012

Serenity

So it's been a week already; it's gone incredibly fast, especially with this nice warm weather in Melbourne. My next poem is one I wrote not too long ago. It's a visualisation of a metaphor for the hard life of a termite. I still don't fully understand it so maybe you can decipher it for me!

Serenity

An igneous forest atmosphere
Leaves are scarce, all is
Bitterness sweeps the serenity,
as suffocating, vibrant as molasses

Fancy the view, charcoal bark,
Someone help these little termites
Hall of the generous ruins,
Around around these endless bights

To consider coming across this,
A refuge for the hungry
Faint yet daunting screams,
Compelled only to see a broken city

A typical observation of the adored,
savage for skin, lonely for green
Tell me, why do you feel so cold?
Please tell me, where have you been?

No comments:

Post a Comment