Saturday, September 29, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to BonnieBeats. I'm Bonnie! I should have started a blog years ago. I have so much lyrical and poetic content to show the world. This will be showcased on a weekly basis. You may also see video recordings of some of the lyrical content accompanied by piano and vocal.

To start off, my favourite poem I have written of all time, called "The Tourniquet". Mind you, it doesn't rhyme well (not that it is necessary). It's more-so an impulsive means to release my feelings at the time. You can also find this poem on my Tumblr (which completely sucks no offence).
This short poem is about a boyfriend that returns to me after I've had plenty of time to adjust to the loneliness that entailed after the initial breakup. 



The Tourniquet

The peace and quiet that may amend a broken heart,
Builds up on its' bandages and defines its' loneliness
The tourniquet depriving me of breath,
Applied by the one I adored.

Alone yet not at peace, fragments yearn to stay,
The bandages have broken but remain unspoken
The one I adored has yet to justify his return,
The loneliness had begun to settle in well

No comments:

Post a Comment